About the job
A Senior is responsible for overseeing all aspects of supply chain management, ensuring the flow of raw materials and final products from suppliers to retailers and customers. They also manage orders and coordinate stock of materials and equipment to ensure the company has everything needed. Among the top goals for this role it is important that a company’s fulfillment operations stay on schedule. Since a Senior must ensure operations meet legal and regulatory requirements, they may be monitored by local, state, federal, and international agencies that oversee these operations.
- Maintain normal standard service coverage by the whole assigned personnel during normal business working hours (from 8:30am to 5pm CET)
- Assist the Company’s Logistics Commodity Leaders in preparation of RFQ’s, bids analysis, and LSP award files creation mainly in the area of the Company’s logistics service contract negotiated for certain periods of time.
- Prepare LSP performance scorecards and other internal statistics reports for the Company as per the Company’s requirements in terms of format, content, frequency, and quantity (business statistics reports & scorecard, transportation statistics reports, saving reports).
- Design, maintain, and update files and tools containing the Company’s actual rates for the contracted logistics services.
- Prepare logistics cost budgets for individual complex projects offers for the Company. The budgets to be prepared as per the mutually agreed standard assumptions and based on contract rates and budgetary bids from LSPs.
- Assist the Company’s Logistics Commodity Leaders to prepare RFQ’s utilizing different sources of information, analyze bids from LSPs (price, quality, technical solution) and administer contracts for project specific logistics services.
- Prepare, maintain and update transportation cost prediction models utilizing historical shipment data and actual contract rates to support the Company in the landed cost analysis based sourcing decisions and future cost estimates.
- Manage damage and loss incidents resolution and Cost of Failure recovery from the LSPs in the name of the Company and its components. Liaison with Company’s insurance and associates for damages over $50K.
- Record all damage & loss events in a database. Maintain data about each claim accurate and up-to-date. Create and distribute damage claim reports to the Company and to LSPs regularly.
- Analyze damage and loss incident historical data. Cooperate with the Company’s quality group in identifying and implementing corrective and preventive actions. Support other quality initiatives.
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Company internal inquiries about dangerous goods transport regulations and liaison with contracted external expert to analyze requests and provide guidance.
- Resolve freight invoice Hold Resolution queues of the Company’s 3rd party freight payment centers a group of assigned businesses.
- Audit, approve or reject freight invoices in the name of the Company utilizing contract rates, terms & conditions, and logistics databases following the requirements contained in the Company’s DOA documentation. Support manual cost coding.
- Monitor main process dashboards such as volumes, cycle times, backlogs, and funding leg times and escalate to appropriate parties as needed.
- Update carrier instructional manuals and keep LSPs updated about main requirements and process changes
Objective requirements related to the job
- 2+ Years in Logistics/ Operations/ Processing.
- Good in conflict resolution with Vendors/partners.
- Good in communication.
- Good in liaising and coordination skills